We have lots of research resources for you! If you need additional research help, contact your friendly MVHS librarians!
- MVHS Library Catalog: Follett Destiny
- How to access eBooks
- How to Access MVHS Resources
- News Sources
- Senior Research Project
- Community & Open Ed. Resources
Use the MVHS Library Catalog from any computer on or off campus. Sign in using your FUHSD username and password. You can view checkouts, fines, place holds, and renew books. For mobile, get the Destiny Discover app and login with those same credentials to do all of the above. In addition, the Discover app functions as an eReader for our MVHS-purchased eBooks.
There are several ways to access eBooks because we have 3 different eBook collections: the MVHS library eBook collection (found in our MVHS library catalog, Destiny), Gale Virtual Reference Library or GVRL, and the EBSCO eBook High School Collection. Please visit the How to Access eBooks document to get started. You will need to be logged into your FUHSD Google account to view the doc.
Below are links to specific tabs in the Senior Research Project website. Please log in to your FUHSD account before using the links. Access to website and link are only for FUHSD students.
In order to provide a comfortable, accessible, and study-conducive library environment, the MVHS Library Rules are as follows:
respectful THE library ENVIRONMENT
- 210 capacity
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the library. Water is OK.
- Leave chairs and tables where they are; one student per chair.
- Find a seat while in the library. Students who stand around or sit on the floor will be asked to leave.
- Respect quiet study areas and class use.
- Game playing is not allowed in the library.
- Smart phone use is limited to academic purposes only such as checking School Loop and academic research.
- Use a low voice when speaking to avoid disturbing others.
- Take phone conversations outside.
- Return or replace materials so that others may find and use them.
- Students who do not study quietly will be asked to leave.
Free Periods and tutorial
- Students must have an "open period" pass during periods 2-6.
- Scheduled classes have priority in the library. The library is limited to quiet study when classes are in session.
- Tutorial is required academic time. No group meetings. Access to the library is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Student Use of Materials
- Students may borrow books from the library using their Monta Vista ID card.
- Materials are checked out for a two-week period, but may be renewed for more time as long as they are not requested by other patrons.
- Students will be charged the cost of replacing any lost or damaged materials.
Student Use of Computers
- Students are expected to adhere to the FUHSD Technology Use Policy while using campus technology, and are bound by the district's Acceptable Use Policy, signed by all students upon enrolling.
- Students receive 50 free copies per year, as tracked by our Print Monitor system. Students can add prints to their account by adding money in ASB.
- All students receive an FUHSD G Suite for Education(Google) account, which provides email, cloud storage and Google Apps for Education. Students should save all work to their Google Drive.