The mission of the library is to serve students’ academic needs and provide opportunities for recreational reading. With 2,500 students on campus, we obviously can’t serve everyone at once. Any more than 210 students at a time compromises the safety and academic atmosphere of the library. To better serve students who wish to study and read before school, during lunch, brunch, and tutorial, the library staff enforces the following:
- The library capacity is reached when all chairs and seats are full, which is approximately 210 students. Students may not study in the stacks or sit on the floor. Students who are standing around must find a seat, or they will need to leave.
- Chairs may not be moved to other tables (8 chairs per table).
- When capacity is reached, the doors will be closed and students will be admitted as space becomes available. Students looking for or returning books are welcome to come in at any time.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the library, except for bottled water. Any student eating or drinking will be asked to leave. Cell phones and laser pointers are also not allowed.
- Students may not leave their backpacks or belongings unattended in the library.
These rules will hold even during the rainy and cold season. The cafeteria will be open for students who wish to eat or have group discussions or meetings.